The National level function to celebrate 51st International Literacy Day was organised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in New Delhi. Honorable Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu was the Chief Guest on this occasion. The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu also presented the Saakshar Bharat Awards – 2017 to the winners at state, district and panchayat level.
Saakshar Bharat Awards were instituted to encourage a healthy competition for better performance among the programme implementing and support agencies. The Awards also recognize the achievements and invaluable contributions of functionaries and volunteers in the field of adult education and skill development. Each Award carries a trophy and a certificate. A total of 11 Saakshar Bharat Awards were given this year.
Following are the winners of Saakshar Bharat Awards – 2017
||1. State Literacy Mission Authority, Bhopal, MP.
|Zilla Lok Shiksha Samitis (Districts)
|1. Jashpur District of Chhattisgarh
2. Dantewada District of Chhattisgarh
3. Tikamgarh District of Madhya Pradesh
|Gram Panchayat Lok Shiksha Samitis (GPLSSs)
||1. Vellampalli Gram Panchayat, Parakala Block, Warangal Rural Dist., Telangana
2. Karmaha Gram Panchayat, Surguja, Chhattisgarh
3. Dumari Kalan Gram Panchayat, Majorganj Block, Sitamarhi Dist., Bihar
4. Temri Gram Panchayat, Dharsiva Block, Raipur Dist., Chhattisgarh
5. Gadamallaiah Guda Gram Panchayat, Yacharam Block, Ranga Reddy Dist., Telangana
|Resource Support Organisations
||1. State Resource Center, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
2. Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Mahbubnagar, Telangana