Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri has unveiled ‘My Home-My Neighbourhood’ (Ghar Bi Saaf-Pados Bhi Saaf) campaign with following six components:
- Segregation of waste at source
- Compost making from wet waste within the premises/neighbourhood/area
- Recycling of dry waste
- Freeing the neighbourhood from open defecation and open urination
- Motivating the residents of neighbourhood against throwing garbage in open spaces; and
- Adopting a near by park or open place for collection and waste segregation.
This neighbourhood action plan will be launched in all the cities and towns across the country on the occasion of the third anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission on the second of next month.