Health Ministry issues pollution advisory for citizens
The Union Health Ministry has issued a health advisory in view of the severe air pollution in the city. People have been advised the following:
- Remain indoors if you have breathing difficulty and try to keep children indoors as much as possible.
- Avoid morning walk or any other strenuous outdoor activity that increases breathing rate
- Drink plenty of water and fluids
- Avoid smoking.
- Minimize the use of deodorants and room sprays as much as possible.
- Avoid the areas with smoke or heavy dust.
- If you have any heart ailments or chronic respiratory disease or asthma, continue your medication as advised by physician
- In case of any difficulty in breathing, increase in breathing rate, palpitations or severe bout of coughing and/or sneezing consult for medical assistance.
Shri R. K. Singh leads Indian Delegation in the IEA Ministerial, Paris
Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri Raj Kumar Singh led the Indian delegation in the International Energy Agency (IEA) Ministerial, being held in Paris. The Minister emphasised the importance of clean energy and assured achievement of 175GW of renewable target of India while addressing the Plenary Session on Driving the Transitions to Clean Energy.
At the Ministerial, India signed joint work programmes with IEA and other key members of the IEA Family i.e. Brazil, Chile, India, Indonesia and Thailand. The event focusses on energy security, clean energy technology and government-industry dialogue on investment and digitalization, which would provide major opportunities for efficiency gains in the energy sector in the future.
On the side-lines of the IEA Ministerial, the Minister had a delegate level discussion with the French Minister of State for Ecological and Inclusive Transition, Ms. Brune Poirson. Shri Singh also had a very fruitful discussion on various issues of Power and New & Renewable Energy with the US Secretary of Energy, Mr. James Richard Perry.
President of India launches Bihar Krishi road map 2017-2022
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, launched the Bihar Krishi Road Map 2017-2022 in Patna.
The President said that the centenary year of the Champaran Satyagraha is being commemorated from April 2017. As such this was the best time to introduce the new ‘Agricultural Road Map’ in the interests of farmers. Mahatma Gandhi had emphasised through the Satyagraha that farmers are at the centre of Indian life and policy making. And this remains true even today.
The Government of Bihar had launched the first ‘Agricultural Road Map’ in 2008 after consulting farmers, agricultural scientists and other stakeholders. The 2017 road map is the third. It provides comprehensive and coordinated plans for the development of agriculture. All concerned Departments have been directed to design their policies keeping the welfare of farmers in mind.